Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Instacart.. groceries delivered to your door.

My husband and I have some pretty crazy schedules.  We are both college students, and we do not always have time to go to grocery shopping. The last time we went to our grocery store, we saw a sign stating that they were going to start delivering groceries via Instacart.  We were so excited and  really happy to try out the service to see if it would be something that would work for us.  



Even though we have only placed one order, I already see a ton of advantages. For example, no more impulse purchases!  So many times at the grocery store it is easy to go off budget by being tempted by sweet treats or other yummy goodies. I looked at the ingredients we needed for our meals this week and went through Whole Foods virtually adding everything that we needed.  



It gave the options to pick between organic, etc. and the site was easy to navigate although I saw that sometimes I had to be very specific.  For example, we love Amy’s frozen Margherita Pizza.  There is more than one type and the one that uses Daiya cheese.  When I saw all of Amy’s pizza’s listed, ours were not there.  I had to be very specific by typing "pizza Daiya" to see the pizza with we wanted.

Once I placed my order on Instacart, I saw our projected total, and they authorized $20 over that cost which is going to be refunded within 7 days following the completion of our order.  There was a service fee, I believe it was 10% of our total bill.  Delivery was $5.99 but free for your first delivery, I also applied a $10.00 off coupon.  

We could decide the time-frame we wanted our groceries delivered, and they were delivered about 10 minutes before the time-frame begun.  I heard from our shopper while he was shopping, but unfortunately I was not awake to respond!  He let us know if something was out of stock, and what he was replacing.  Overall, the experience was great having our groceries delivered at our door, and we can’t wait to use instacart again!  


Use code:

SALZINA1109
 for $10 off your first order.




No comments:

Post a Comment